All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next

Operation Full House
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:57 pm 

I notice that Kidderminster are running a campaign called operation full house for their Saturday fixture with Altrincham. They calculate that if they get a full house this could raise approx £100k and sort two thirds of their debts out. Local MPs are backing the scheme.

Sounds like a good idea and it will be interesting to see how many they get.

Perhaps City could consider doing the same for one of the remaining attractive home fixtures, maybe Grimsby on 19 March ?

Ok the fact they are fighting for survival make their chances of success more likely, but if City marketed it well, perhaps as a celebration of a fantastic season with the specific aim of generating extra funds for the manager to use to try to ensure a successful second season in the conference, I would have thought a large crowd could be achievable.

Get the chronicle on board, invite the MP and ex players, do leaflet drops, posters, manager guarantees that he will play attacking football- basically do whatever it takes to try to get a crowd similar to the play offs for this one off game. If the whole club bought into it and planned properly it might work, at the very least it would give everyone something to focus on and make the match more of an event. Just a thought.

Re: Operation Full House
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:51 pm 

The Analyst wrote:
I notice that Kidderminster are running a campaign called operation full house for their Saturday fixture with Altrincham. They calculate that if they get a full house this could raise approx £100k and sort two thirds of their debts out. Local MPs are backing the scheme.

Perhaps City could consider doing the same for one of the remaining attractive home fixtures, maybe Grimsby on 19 March ?

Ok the fact they are fighting for survival make their chances of success more likely, but if City marketed it well, perhaps as a celebration of a fantastic season with the specific aim of generating extra funds for the manager to use to try to ensure a successful second season in the conference, I would have thought a large crowd could be achievable.

Get the chronicle on board, invite the MP and ex players, do leaflet drops, posters, manager guarantees that he will play attacking football- basically do whatever it takes to try to get a crowd similar to the play offs for this one off game. If the whole club bought into it and planned properly it might work, at the very least it would give everyone something to focus on and make the match more of an event. Just a thought.

You are absolutely right - it's all about marketing and there could be a really good opportunity for us if handled correctly and professionally.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:55 pm 

Best idea on this forum for ages :handgestures-thumbup:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:53 am 

Pitty Ned doesn't come by the forum anymore then.......

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:02 pm 

Make it happen!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:25 am 
Warning

great idea .............. i could probably get 2/3 extra to come to this if its made a 'great' event. People will come if the think there missing out on something.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:49 am 

I'd like to help promote this superb idea - as soon as the date is confirmed can you let me know and I will plug it to the hilt and force people to get behind the city... thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:55 pm 

would be good to reduce admission to a tenner and free for under 16s as a further incentive. Do the club give free tickets to schools in the local area??

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:08 pm 
The Analyst wrote:

just under 3000 which is twice what they had against us last week but still less than half a full house

so was it a success or failure?

while i think the idea of really pushing one game is a sound one - the grimsby game would seem ideal after last season's encounter - i think it would be a mistake to go along the 'full house' line as, even ignoring the fact nobody really knows what our current capacity is*, however well supported it is getting a bigger crowd than the play-off final is pretty unlikely

i guess the best selling point would be a successful conclusion to 'project staying-up' - which as adie britton says would rank amongst the greatest ever achievements for the club - but even if we were to win the 6 (possibly 7) games between now and grimsby unless we're mathematically safe then that could be seen as crawley-esq arrogance

*and if you go on the generally published figure of 8800 we won't get anywhere near that

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:17 pm 

yuffie wrote:
The Analyst wrote:

just under 3000 which is twice what they had against us last week but still less than half a full house

so was it a success or failure?

while i think the idea of really pushing one game is a sound one - the grimsby game would seem ideal after last season's encounter - i think it would be a mistake to go along the 'full house' line as, even ignoring the fact nobody really knows what our current capacity is*, however well supported it is getting a bigger crowd than the play-off final is pretty unlikely

i guess the best selling point would be a successful conclusion to 'project staying-up' - which as adie britton says would rank amongst the greatest ever achievements for the club - but even if we were to win the 6 (possibly 7) games between now and grimsby unless we're mathematically safe then that could be seen as crawley-esq arrogance

*and if you go on the generally published figure of 8800 we won't get anywhere near that

Unlike Crawley we haven't printed the T-shirts yet ;)
The club do know what the official capacity is which is considerably lower that the 8800 figure published. Because of health and safety issues we would not be permitted to cram 8800 into the ground anymore.
With proper marketing and promotion from the club this idea would be a goer, there certainly is no harm in giving it a go.

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 350 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 35  Next